Skilled Nursing Home in Brazil, Indiana
Care that connects on a personal level.
Seniors and families in need of skilled nursing in Brazil, Indiana, find time after time that HutsonWood at Brazil is the clear choice for both short- and long-term care. You’ll see this has a lot to do with the fact that in everything we do, we make it clear that our goals are their goals.
We know finding the right senior health care partner is critically important. And you surely hope to find a community that meets your needs but doesn’t evoke the tired image of a traditional skilled nursing home or skilled nursing facility. At HutsonWood, we offer a more contemporary approach. Residents are supported not only by an adaptive range of senior health care services, but also the comfort of thoughtful amenities; private and semi-private residences; and an engaging, wellness-minded community.
Comfort, care & community.
Our purpose is to enhance the life of each individual we touch by exceeding expectations through compassion and love.
Our skilled nursing environment includes modern amenities that make residents feel at home along with a variety of specialized services that further enhance their care experience. These community features include:
- Wireless internet access throughout the building
- Spacious semi-private rooms with available phone and cable service
- Individual room heating and cooling
- Accessible showers
- Warm and comfortable furnishings
- Daily housekeeping
- Skilled and intermediate care
- A medical director and area physicians on call
- Licensed nurses and certified nursing assistants
- Activities specifically adapted to the interests of our residents
- Food preparation and special diet services under the supervision of a registered dietitian
- Nurse call system
- Accelerated Care Plus technology
- Congestive heart failure program
- Dementia and memory care
- Diabetes management
- Rehabilitation therapy
- Fall prevention therapy
- Tracheostomy care
- IV therapy and nutrition, including parenteral nutrition (TPN)
- Wound care therapy
- Dental, optometry, audiology, podiatry, psychiatric, respiratory therapy and other specialized consultant services available when needed
Looking for skilled nursing in Brazil, Indiana? Get in touch using the form on this page to learn more about what makes HutsonWood at Brazil far more than simply a skilled nursing home.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is a skilled nursing facility (SNF) similar to a hospital?
No, a SNF is not like a hospital. Many people enter a SNF following a hospital stay because they need continued therapy and nursing care, but at a slightly lower level of acuity. SNFs try to be more homelike so people can feel more comfortable as they recover. There are usually more community areas where residents and families can relax and visit. Residents can fill their days with therapy sessions and scheduled activities. Meals are often eaten in a dining room as opposed to in the room like in the hospital. This provides a great opportunity for socialization among our residents. A stay in a skilled nursing facility is a transition between the hospital and home.
Are there nurses on duty 24 hours a day?
Yes, nurses are on duty 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
What types of payment are accepted for skilled nursing care?
We accept private medical insurance and long-term care insurance, along with Medicare and Medicaid insurance.
Our current list of accepted insurance includes:
- UMWA Health and Retirement Funds
- TRICARE For Life
- United Healthcare
- Anthem Hoosier Healthwise
- Bankers Life and Casualty
- Commercial Anthem Plans
- Mutual of Omaha
- Health Net Federal
- Anthem HIP